Thursday, July 17, 2008

Play ramp + Lamp + Nate = boo boo

Last year for Christmas Nathan got these foam ramp and block things to climb on and such. He loves them - and so does Jackson. However his insane way of trying to destroy all things in his way and that I've paid a lot of money for, he's discovered ways to turn these seemingly fun mats to danger zones.


This morning he took the ramp and put it up to my end table. He climbed that, climbed up on my table, and took great pleasure in pushing my pretty palm tree lamp off the table. My palm tree lamp now is missing a leaf.

Next he used the same ramp to put in front of my recliner.. and climbed up onto the chair, then climbed the back of the recliner to reach way over and turn on the light and fan.. and fell off the back...

I put those up and he is not happy - so he went to get his potty chair, turned it upside down and slide it over to sofa.. jump on sofa yelling EE YA (yee haw) and jumped right on Jackson's head.. toe in his eye.. and now I have a newly bruised up toddler and a ticked off 9 year old with a red eye.

I think it may time to retire to play ramps!

3 comments:

Chele said...

Oh my! What a morning you have had! Poor Jackson! Hmmmmmm... maybe Jackson can sit on the Terminator and keep him from detroying the house while you try to get some work done. It might get a little loud, but at least Nater will be pinned in one place. lmao. Sorry, I know I'm no help. Hope the rest of the day goes better.

Sherri said...

It could be worse, Jles. I can remember an anxious morning in the E/R after Chele's baby brother ate bottle of baby aspirin...she had pushed her play desk out into the hall in front of the linen closet and reached up to the top shelf to get the bottle. Took one for herself and then left the open bottle where the baby could reach it through his crib slats.

She had a "headache." I was in the shower. It all turned out good, but it was scary.

Chele's Mom, Sherri

Jules said...

LOL Sherri it can always be worse we've been very lucky with Nathan so far. Jackson was my mild mannered never got in trouble child.. Nathan would hang from the fan and swing around if he could get up there.. wait I better go check and see if he's doing that! lol

Im glad it all turned out ok!