OK part of my adult responsibility is to feed my kids. I have come to accept that but I don't have to like it.
I loath going to the grocery store. I am not good at planning meals and sticking to the list of ingredients. I'm not good thinking that far ahead.
We go to Walmart for groceries because its cheaper. But is it? I mean really - you see juice boxes on sale for $1.00-something and you think lets stock up so you buy enough juice boxes for the entire elementary school. Hey its a good deal.
I have to shop with both boys, sometimes all 3 of my "children" because you know Husband is like a child when he's in walmart. Well I take that back, either like a child or a very grumpy old man.
So we go in to the store "just for groceries" - oh but wait - we need to get some car wash stuff, and dear husband always needs golf balls or a new workout glove or some random protein powder drink. Get him taken care of and we're off to grocery section. Oh but wait! We have to go past the toy department, the movie department, the video game department, the clothing department, you get the idea.
When we FINALLY get to the groceries and start loading up the cart on more than we need, Nathan looses patience and starts chucking whatever he can reach out of the cart onto the floor. Jackson starts pulling 20 different kinds of sugar filled cereals off the shelf, and hubby decides we need to eat healthy but we also need those chocolate donuts. Nate kicks off his shoes screams at the top of the lungs like some creature from the black lagoon because he's strapped in the cart. How DARE us! Oh wait! We're almost done but we see a display of Elmo cups and plates, oh yes we MUST get those. Oh wait, we forgot diapers and wipes, lets go back and get those. Oh thank goodness on the way to diapers and wipes we pass the Doritos display with every variety you can think of, and we get to hear "ITOS ITOS ITOS MAMA ITOS DADA ITOS" and I'm muttering "just get the da*& Doritos and lets go.
So we get to the front, we stand in line (you know, the only TWO lines open with 24 people each in them) and we start the candy begging and screaming. FINALLY we're checked out - get the groceries in the van, get home. Nobody wants to help but after I have a meltdown and scream and yell about how I have to do everything, it all gets put away.
WHEW - we open the fridge... look around... and I hear "how is there nothing to eat when we just spent 1/2 our pay at the grocery store" and then..
"So, where do you want to go for dinner?"
5 comments:
ROFLMAO! I never ever cook the day I grocery shop. It's a personal rule that works well for me. lol! I don't believe my mother cooks the evenings that she has done her grocery shopping either.
I keep telling you to leave them all home alone and enjoy and hour or so of semi-peace while shopping.
These days Jake thinks I need a babysitter so I don't cold cock some old dude digging through my basket telling me I'm spending too much of my dh's money. I thinks it's an excuse to make sure I don't forget his twinkies or honey buns. lmao
Great post!
I'd need a drink after one of your shopping trips. lol!
BTW, I'm still waiting to hear about the HOT BUNS contest. roflmao
This one is a "hoot" Julie. It's so typical and we've all been there. With Mom and me, it was always about Kaboom. Enjoy even groceries....all too soon it fades.
Love ya,
Dad
PS: I love your homemade salsa with Itos.
OK, I cannot stop laughing! This is SO TRUE!! I remember those days. Now it is all about the beauty products....I don't think my bill would be so bad if I didn't have to buy three different kinds of soap, four diff kinds shampoo, etc., etc. Luckily, no one in my family wantst og o with me anymore! Of course, then you miss those days....like Dad says. Well, sort of. :-) Thanks for making me chuckle this morning. Love you chickie!!
Julie, I am cracking up over here!! That is SO my weekly trip to Wal-Mart. I snuck out and went on my own this week and it was b.l.i.s.s.!!
Post a Comment