Friday, July 18, 2008

When they start growing up...

So this morning in my much desired and appreciated quiet time with my "sisters" coffee mug... I kinda had one of those "wow" moments with my boys. Yes, they are only 9 and 22 months old, but still, they grow fast. Just noticing the little things that they do makes me smile, tear up, and laugh.

Jackson, for instance, has just gotten his first email account. He's very excited and loves getting email. He checks it daily and I find I'm getting lots of "whats for dinner" and "Dad and I are going to the movies" emails, I love it. Yes, he's sitting in the room right next to me but hey. It makes him feel "this" much older. Just this morning I noticed that our guest bathroom was out of toilet paper on the roll... so I made a mental note to get another roll.. but forgot, because well I do forget things on my mental list, and I just went in there and WOW there is a new roll. Seems Jackson just looked under the counter and found some. Last year he would have gone to the bathroom and just not used any b/c God forbid its not RIGHT THERE in front of him. Last night he told me now that he has email, he "needs" a blackberry". Yum, yeah, NO!

Nathan is doing things daily that make me laugh. Last night he was wild and in a bad mood - just tired and cranky. I got a book that I used to read to Jackson every night and sat down with him. Its really like the 2nd time he sat in my lap and looked at the pictures. My non-talker saw a choo choo train on a page and was all about the "oo oo" and then he pointed at Grover's mom and said "go go ma ma" where did THAT come from! Wow reading to them really DOES help! lol We had rice with dinner last night - he used a spoon perfectly - he even cupped his hand under the spoon to make sure he didn't spill it from bowl to mouth. This morning after he woke up he wanted some strawberries.. which he can't say but he went to the fridge, got them out, and went to the cabinet and got out my cutting board. That's pretty smart I think.

I don't know, I get all uptight over little things with the kids, and you know what, sometimes it takes a quiet morning to sit and realize that they are perfectly MINE... and I love them!

2 comments:

Chele said...

I loved this blog entry! You know I'm dealing with the same thing. Pt time jobs, driving, etc. Just wait until Jackson's voice starts changing and then one day it's a mans deep voice coming out of the growing kid. Or, you look at your 16 old kid and he has a full mustache, blink and he can grow a beard at 17. It's all so surreal when they hit those milestones!

Anonymous said...

I loved it too!! Precious little ones. DO reflect and DO cherish 'cause it goes by so fast! Dan and I were talking about how we could be grandparents at any time now that Rich has hit 20! I mean once he gets married, but he is of age to do so! Enjoy them love....