So this weekend the whole small world thing came into play. One of my dearest friends from high school that I had not seen in gosh 10 years or so emailed me out of the blue that she was bringing her youth group to, of all places, Georgia on a mission trip. Right here in my own little town! The prospect of meeting up with her was so exciting and strange at the time!
I met up with her and her group on Friday afternoon with my boys and as soon as I saw her it was like we'd never parted - and of course we both cried when we saw other! We went over to the beach and while it wasn't relaxing long catch up time because Nathan only wants to be in the water, it was fabulous to have her meet my boys, play with them and catch up. We laughed that the last time we were at the beach together we were probably 15... man we had some good times back then.
Friends come and go. Memories come and go.. but REAL friends never fade. I know that if I don't talk or see Kendra for another 10 years, I can pick up the phone and call her and it would be like we were living down the street from each other all this time. THAT is a REAL friend!
So if anyone actually reads this, pick up the phone, sit down on email, whatever you like to do and contact an old friend.. it'll make you feel young again!
2 comments:
Glad you enjoyed your visit with an old friend. Can't say that I have anyone I'm from my youth that I particularly care to hear from. I prefer the friends I've made as an adult and keep up with regularly. I also prefer my new friends like you!
Jules, that's so great that you got together with such a good, old friend (well, not an "old" friend, but..you know what I mean!). I just found a good friend from H.S. on Facebook and I'm so excited to get back in touch!
Post a Comment