Remember when "weekend" used to mean you slept until noon, only to be woken up by your mom with the vacuum? and then you'd get up - eat and go outside and play until dinner time?
Yeah, that was a LONG time ago!
Weekends are filled with things to do, places to go, chores to do, meals to plan (ok that's a stretch for me since I rarely cook), and laundry, and oh yeah there is more!
I spent this weekend cleaning. When I wasn't cleaning I was folding laundry, when I wasn't folding laundry, I was running Jackson to a birthday party and sleep over, when we got home from that, it was bath time for Nate and thankfully bed. Then I fall onto the sofa, check my email and message boards, and stay up 1/2 the night waiting to see Michael Phelps make Olympic history (that boy is a long tall drink of water ladies)... That was all just Saturday.
Sunday, which is usually started out at church at 845am, I slept in, as did Nate. Dear husband hit the golf course and Jackson was not home. It was a nice quiet morning with coffee, dodging mega blocks and finding all kinds of interesting things under to sofa. Nathan is a champ at hiding things under the sofas. Also had to run Jackson to a cub scout boy/parent meeting and then off to dinner...
clean the big kids room, which is a scary scary thing to do.. and get Nate back to bed.. my happy hour... and finally sit....
and think about all that I have to do tomorrow.
Weekends aren't relaxing that much anymore and with the start of school, sports, and scouts its just picking up.
HOWEVER, I count my blessing. I'm healthy enough to be able to do all of these things. My kids are wonderful and happy enough to be involved in activities and healthy enough to destroy a house in a single hour. I have a wonderful roof over my head, I have the option of going out to eat when I just don't think I can cook. I have clothes that I can wash, and I have furniture for toys to be hidden under.
Rushed weekends, busy schedules, never enough money, and never enough time to do it all in, its all a hectic blessing.
5 comments:
Being a grown up isn't all it's cracked up to be is it? lmao, that is what Derek said to me last week. I will have to ask my mom, but I don't remember ever sleeping too late on a weekend unless I was sick.
Glad you at least had a relaxing Sunday morning.
AMEN SISTA"!!!
"Hectic Blessing" I have never heard that before ..What a perfect quote..I love it .......
Hang in there, Jules. When you get old enough, you can hide stuff in plain sight because you forgot where you put it. You are reluctant to sleep late, however, in case someone should think you're dead. That being said, you can also be grateful you've done a pretty good job of raising two wonderful kids.
Love ya,
The Old Man
UH OH, Jack I must have reached the "old" stage because I sometimes "hide" stuff in plain site. lol
Post a Comment