It feels so good to Dump... no wait.. what do you guys think I'm talking about here?
Dumping - as in taking butt loads of stuff to the dump! Minds out of the potty my friends!
This weekend was kick butt and take names on crap weekend. Saturday we decided to clean the garage out because I couldn't even open my car doors when I parked in there. Plus, we'd been cooped up in the house for days upon end thank you to Tropical Storm Fay. So we took the kiddos outside for play time and cleaned out. We filled the van up.. twice.. and took two loads to the dump, so worth the $12 to get it outta here. Got all that out - moved everything left out and vac'd out every corner from floor to ceiling.. there were lots of dead bugs and yuck! Remind me to change the filter on that shop vac! Put everything back together and you can open doors, you can even dance around the van if you want to, you know, if that's your thing.
Today's adventure in dumping was the Guest Room. Dear Husband has been chomping at the bits to get that room and closet cleaned out. SO after church we put the monster down for a nap and hit that room. It took us forever and we found lots of things under that bed as well.. like things still wrapped up from the move down to Georgia, oh 6 YEARS ago. Needless to say, my van is now once again stocked piled to the ceiling of things to go to Goodwill.. there is another smaller pile for a dump run. But its done. The room looks great, and ready for visitors and there is even CLOSET SPACE! (Dad, still working on that hot pot for your bedroom)
So very productive, get rid of crap, we don't really need this right? weekend.
It feels so good to purge. I realize now that I don't need to keep every single paper that Jackson brings home from school.. since Preschool.. and I don't need to keep clothes that I will never fit in again or if I do they will be so out of date I wouldn't wear them. Purge... dump... feels good!
So that's our weekend. The rest of the house is in "ok" shape to start the week off, and I'm ready to get back to things here online seeing as how I was barely on my computer all weekend! (GASP the horror)
There ya have it! Dear Husband wants to tackle the attic next, I told him we'll do that in December when its 1 bazillion degrees up there.
So Dump away folks it feels good!
4 comments:
My kind of weekend, however I never have that much stuff to get rid of as we unload everything we don't need or use with each move. lol!
Jules, don't forget to change the filters in the shop vac. lmao
Do you need your personal shopper to help you find a hot pot for Dad?
OK, so we definitely share this feel good dumping! I love loading up the trash even to take to the dump....it just feels good to get it outta' there! Question is, where did we get this? Mom and Dad keep EVERYTHING!! :-) Although, props to Mom when she cleaned out the kitchen when they redid it!
LOVE YOU ALL!
Now, now....we don't keep everything; just those things we might need someday. You know, disco could come back. BTW, I still have those track "slippers".
I'm afraid to open Granny's trunk...there may be one of my dirty diapers in there.
Love yall,
Dad
My mind totally went to the gutter! I do know what you mean about clearing out though. Lord, we need to do it regularly! Thanks for the nice comments over at my blog! It's so cool hearing from you! Hope you guys are doing ok with the weather down there. I know another big one is supposed to be coming soon. Take care.
Post a Comment