Good ol Golden Rule days.... and so on...
Jackson started 4th grade this year! He got up bright eyed (ok not so much) and had pancakes for breakfast and was ready to go! Early! Of course its raining this morning and we had to go out on the front porch at 7am to wait for his bus which comes at 715 - just so we're not late. (insert roll eyes here).
He is very excited this year because he has his first Male Teacher. I remember my first male teacher (and I want to say it was also 4th grade) Mr. Mitchell. I will always remember him because he was in love with the Lady in the Red Dress - we never did find out who that was... but he was quite fond of her and her red dress. He used to use her in sentences for our spelling tests. lol
So anyway - back to Jackson, he was excited to get started but sad to leave his baby brother, asking me to video tape Nathan as soon as he woke up so he could see him. Nathan woke up around 8 and started looking for him, first in the bathroom, then the sunroom, then he saw Jackson's infamous green blanket that he always wraps around himself on the sofa. He went over and peeked under it and said "bubba?" It was darling.
So today starts my day back to being full time worker and full time entertainer of ther Termi-nater. Should be interesting and I will assure you I have Crown Royal chilling for tonight! lol (Just kidding mom).
So wish us all luck! Hopefully it will be Jacksons "Best Day Ever" and hopefully Nate and I survive the balance!
Im off, Paco has dared to lay on Nathan's blankets and its not going over well with the boss man.. have a fabulous day everyone!
3 comments:
Where do you keep the Crown Royal? I'd like to know for future reference.
Stay the course, darlin'....all too soon "leaving for school" means a dorm.
Love all,
Dad
Above the fridge is the stash Dad, out of reach of little hands.
you know, just for future reference.
Love you too!
I have a feeling it will be a Crown and Coke and Calgon take me away evening for you. lol! Nathan is going to be a very sad toddler without his Indiana Jones Jr. running around teaching him new tricks.
Post a Comment