Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'll tell two friends...

and she'll tell two friends.. and so on and so on and so on..

Remember that commercial? for Shampoo? Lets talk about Shampoo.

So my shampoo obsession started very young. I just LOVED getting new shampoo and conditioner, and every new one I saw on TV, I just had to have. I would tell my mom that I was out of shampoo when we were at the store so that I could pick out new stuff. I tried them all - the "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific", the beer shampoo "Body on Tap", every Breck shampoo out there, mostly the strawberry one, all of them!

My obsession with the perfect looking and smelling hair never died down. When I moved back home from college I kept an unlimited supply of shampoo and conditioner, mousse, gel, spray, you name it! My dad (the old man) swore that after I moved out they didn't have to buy shampoo for 20 years, when they ran out they would just go upstairs and pick a new one.

So, Im pushing 40 this year and guess what, I still have a shampoo fetish. Although I will say my focus has changed on this one.

I have very fine, thin, straight flat hair. Its a curse I tell you and probably the result of all the different shampoos and products I used to use. Kinda payback.

So I shop for the perfect shampoo... obviously I need the Volumizing shampoo for my flat hair... so I get that. Seems THAT shampoo is to heavy and weighs my hair down (ironic right?) so I move on to the color-safe make your color last longer shampoo and lo and behold - that's to creamy and makes my hair greasy... so Im getting frustrated.

My wonderful hair girl has the same frustrations when it comes to my hair. She finally said she was going on a search for a shampoo for me that just CLEANS HAIR! Do you know how HARD it is to find a Shampoo that just simply CLEANS HAIR???

So - I got some from her this week and Im trying it out - so far my hair is clean, smells pretty good, and isn't glued to my hair in product. Its still flat and thin, but hey its' color is holding and while I don't have "big full hair" its clean!

So there ya have it. The girl that loves to buy shampoo, conditioner (can't use its to heavy), mousse, gel, foam, sculpting glue (yes they have GLUE for hair), hair spray, can now only use a shampoo that cleans hair. Go figure.

So there ya have it. I have a cabinet full of shampoos I can't use because I used to much of it "back in the day"

Maybe I should just take a bottle of Corona to the shower with me next time and see how that works! lol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And your 15 year old niece is EXACTLY like you! Dan says we can't get into the shower for all the bottles of shampoo and body wash! But this from a man who washes his hair with Dial Soap because he already has it in his hand! Cracking me up. I'll bet you if we were to look under Mom's upstairs bathroom cabinet, there would be a hundred bottles of some kind of shampoo right now....from like 1979. :-)
Love ya'!

Marissa Vargason said...

ha lol, you crack me up, you know what I love? Its from costco I switch from kirland brand to the giovanni stuff he has tea tree or regular at costco it rocks! Anywas I feel your pain

Chele said...

I loved Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific! Honeysuckle scent was my favorite and then strawberry. I mostly stick with Pantene or Back to Basics brands now. lol! Glad you took my advice and blogged about your fetish.

Anonymous said...

Chele and I were talking about "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific" just a couple of weeks ago...I think it was only a couple of weeks ago, anyway. Sure wish it was still around.

Ya think there might be a bottle of it in your Mom's upstairs cabinet? LMAO

Sherri

Jack said...

The Old Man just is catching up from being at the beach for a week. I just did an inventory of the upstairs bathroom. I think we've manage after 17 years to use them all up. There was, however, the remains of a pizza.

Love ya,
DAd