Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fay has Arrived...

Hey loyal readers, family, and friends.

Fay has finally arrived in our area and I woke up to rain SLAMMING against the house. I really wanted to sleep in and even turned on the TV in hopes of hearing our County was closed for school today. You know like the old snow days where you sit there to adjust your eyes to being awake and watching as the schools scroll by going "come on come on" and they inevitably skip your "letter". But alas, I'm getting ready to go stand out in 30-40 mph winds and rain. Right this minute its not raining... but I guarantee and bet my 1/2-arsed cooked dinner tonight that as soon as Jacks and I get out there it will start pouring down.

Anyway - not much to post and don't know how my connection will be today seeing as how its shady on a good sunny day. We're fine, expecting some heavy rains and high winds and then hopefully Fay will make an exit.

Just more of an information blog today as I have had only 1/2 cup of coffee and am getting ready to go out and face the beast..

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care, babe! I heard Jacksonville schools were closed, so wondered about you guys. Keep us posted.

LOVE YOU!

Chele said...

lol! I feel for you. My blog today is about Fay as well. I hope you stayed dry on the way to the bus stop.

McMaygan said...

Stay dry Jules!

Anonymous said...

Hope it hasn't gotten worse since yesterday. Stay dry! and have a good weekend. Jennie :)
PS - glad you liked my D'oh! moment!!