So today was one of my favorites - the Bug guy was coming at 8am sharp!
I know, its the little things in life that excite me right? Well if you have never lived in Southeast Georgia, you don't know how MANY bugs there are. I mean we have some weird ones, some scary ones (like the black widow we found in our garage) and just nasty looking things that I don't know WHAT they are. Hence my excitement for George to come visit.
George is just awesome. He's a little ole old man that has been coming to treat our house every 3 months for 5 years. He knows me, the dogs and the kids very well. In fact he was so cute when I was pregnant with Nathan he would ring the doorbell and come in and pat my stomach and say "hey little fella" and then he goes right to the pups and pets them and talks to them and then would get to work. He'd make me leave the room when he sprayed it "just in case". I have history with George. Last treatment they sent a different girl and I was in tears because I didn't know this woman and I was afraid George had retired. She told me that no, George would be back but that she was having trouble with her kid being sick and she couldn't do the Savannah run, and that George offered to switch routes with her for that month so that she could be close to her son. She's a single mom. That's the kind of man George is.
This morning he got here a little before 8 and sat in the driveway until the clock stuck 8. He didn't want to disturb me and the little guy to early. He came in and of course Nathan ran up to the door to see who was visiting and George was all excited to see Nathan. He let Nate follow him to each room and talked up a storm to him. I asked George how his summer was and he said not to good because his wife is having some knee problems and needs surgery. He was telling me all about her starting to do water aerobics because it took the pressure off her knee. He said "ya know Ms. Julie, I'm worried about my lady". How cute is that! So I gave him a little hug and told him I'd keep his lady in my prayers and to keep me posted.
He finished up, high-fived Nathan, patted both dogs heads and headed out the garage.
I love George the bug guy. He's really like a part of the family now. I told him if he ever retires I was going to be sad. He said "oh not yet Ms. Julie, I still have work to do".
George... my man... keep spraying!
2 comments:
I love George's long distant cousin Tom, who comes to my house every three months. Tom isn't as outgoing as George, however I'm always happy to see him pull up in the drive way at the crack of dawn. FL has the same nasty bugs and spiders as GA and I prefer that they didn't take up residence in my home.
How ironic that you write about the bug man. One of my planned posts will deal with some grocery delivery men(yes such a thing actually existed)and the relationship we developed.
Great minds I suppose......;-)
Love ya,
Dad
Post a Comment