screw Lemonade, go for the vodka.
So last I posted Bryan and I were celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary. The good news is, we're still married. I had also just celebrated my 40th Birthday with a new outlook and attitude on life... well I am still 40 and I still have attitude... lol So since then...
About a week before Bryan's Birthday weekend of surprises, I had a phone call from work. I knew it couldn't be "good" or one of those "just wanted to tell you are awesome" phone calls. No, it wasn't. It was the "we're cutting back because we have to and your job position has been eliminated". That sucked. I had been spending every waking moment working on Bryan's weekend, keeping so many secrets from him I was about to bust... but I'll get to that in the happy part of this blog...
So after 14 dedicated years with the company, my reign has come to an abrupt halt. In all fairness, this job has been more than fabulous to me. Even on my way out the door, my boss took good care of me and got me a nice severance to tide us over until I can find a new job. I am very blessed. I was stressed over the money side of things, obviously, and I cried and threw my fit and the boys looked at me like I was on crack. But I picked myself up and brushed off the mascara and said "damn it this is just a sign its time for me to get back out there". So my quest will begin soon. I am enjoying taking at least a little time to breath for the first time in forever. So sad news, bad news, but hey - that Vodka sure makes those lemons better to take! (just kidding mom)
So on to fun news, Bryan turned 40 on June 13. I had been working for about 4 months straight to plan his weekend! On Thursday, his two best friends from college came to surprise him. It was all running perfectly until he decided to leave work early to mow the grass. But after lots of crazy phone calls and with the help of my dear neighbors, we pulled it off and he was completely SHOCKED to see them pull up in the driveway. After that it was a breeze, cards all night Thursday night, golf already setup for them on Friday and Saturday and the party went off without a hitch! I think, after our 20 years together, I finally surprised him!
So the Feeney house has had a mix of good news, bad news, fun times, and probably one more margarita then necessary but was hard earned.
I guess I thought when I turned 40 that was the opening of a new chapter, but seems I was being lazy about it. The powers that be saw fit to give me a swift kick in the ass to go out there and look for those new doors and new windows and open one and climb on in.
Watch out - Here I come....
4 comments:
Atta girl....you were indeed listening to all those "positive thinking" lessons I attempted.
I've known you were going to make it ever since kindergarten. Never a doubt, and I'm confident some very lucky employer has no idea what he's in store for.
Love you,
Dad
Julie,
I'm sorry about the job! That is tough, but I totally admire your attitude. You will most definitely continue to be blessed if you approach things with such optimism. Congrats on the big anniversary and pulling off the B-day surprise! Your comments over at my blog were much appreciated today. I think that you are also a pretty smart lady! Your thoughts about marriage were spot on, thanks very much! Jen ;-)
Fingers crossed that something new, different and stimulating comes your way asap!
Cliche, yes, but YOU GO GIRL! There is something very empowering about turning 40 and you got it going on! You are gonna' kick some ass out there. Extremely talented, EXTREMELY organized, and extremely supported. The positive attitude will go along way. There just ain't no other way to be.....it is one of those things that NO ONE can take away from you. Just tell the world, bring it on, I can take it! You know we love you and KNOW that good things are coming.
Post a Comment