Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dear Jackson

Let me start off by saying I love you. You are my son, my first born, and I love you.

But I need to clear up a few matters.

First - I love your ambition to play basketball, sports are fabulous, but you should stick to using a basketball and a basket outside, your socks and your laundry basket don't seem to be your thing. I'd appreciate it if your dirty nasty pre-teen smelling socks would be IN your laundry basket instead of all over your room, behind your bed breeding something, or stuck in your window blinds.

Second - I know your fortunate to have a TV in your room, but that doesn't mean you can turn it on and leave it on so that you can catch a glimpse of something good when you happen to walk by. It really will turn BACK on after you turn it off. We do pay a power bill here.

Third - the refrigerator, cups, and ice are in the same place they have been for 6 years now, I know you remember that. I am more than happy to help you out on occasion but honestly, I think at almost 11 years old you would notice if we moved these items (oh yeah, the pantry too). I have the utmost of confidence that you can get off the sofa and get a drink all on your own. It makes me proud when you pour your own drink.

Fourth - I know you love certain shirts, but really they must be changed once in a while.

Fifth - while I appreciate you teaching your little brother lots of fun stuff, could you possibly avoid encouraging him playing DODGE BALL in the house with whatever happens to be closest to him? I think it's great you are teaching him sports, but outside is the best place for things to be flung about. And just to let ya know, it really is NOT funny when he flings a stone coaster at the dog.

and Last but certainly not least, no matter how funny it is, no matter how hard you TRY not to laugh, kindly walk out of the room to laugh when your "bubba" drops the D-word.

I do so love you, you are a great kid with a big heart, but thought I needed to throw these out there for ya, just little reminders in life.

5 comments:

Jack said...

I love it when a plan comes together. You didn't mention the farting contests.....or should I have brought that up?

Love ya,
Dad

Brandi Boggie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh did that feel better?

Sherri said...

Oh, my Lord, that brings back so many memories...still laughing here because I have been through with it for such a long time and my grandchildren are so grown up now. I'm sure they still have their moments, though -- as does my 66 year old husband. LOL

La La said...

OK, this is great! Sherri, it brings back a ton of memeories for me as well.....only thing is, I could probably write the same exact letter to my 21 year old! OK, he does get his own drinks, but the laundry????? Spot on!
Great one, Jules. Hugs to my pre teen nephew!!

Chele said...

ROFLMA! Did you print it off for him? I have more trouble with Rick and these things than I do with Derek and Jake.