So wow - yeah I took ANOTHER break. I like to call it creative writers block, but I can't claim that my friends. I just have been focusing on other things. I know, I know you're all in a deep depression wondering WHEN is Jules going to post another blog! OK so I tend to exaggerate, but I can pretend.
Let us see, what HAVE I been up to. Working. Yes, still working at home. Chasing Nate. Yes, still chasing Nate and cleaning up messes and laughing daily at his funny little sayings and sentences. Not laughing daily at his constant need for disaster.
Nathan has started talking in 1st person at times. It is so funny. When he gets up in the morning or from his nap he'll lay in his crib and yell "Mama, Nat-tan done nap" or "mama, Nat-tan up now mama" its adorably cute.
Back to me. After Bryan was gone for 2 weeks, I decided I don't like being a single mom, sleeping in the bed alone, or working around time change schedules. Remember WAY back when he was considering that job where he'd be gone for months at a time? Yeah, thank you LORD for answering my silent prayer of "if this is meant to be let it be". WHEW, I don't WANT to be away from my husband that long ever. Oh I mean I can do it all, I am supermom after all, but I didn't enjoy it.
We're still working on the RAMSEY plan. February kinda messed us up with Valentines, my Birthday, and then Bryan's trip. But we're back on track! Mostly. Kinda sorta.... lol
Jackson has hit full blown hormonal pre-teen hell. He's either in his room with the door locked (which drives Nathan MAD) or working out. He's still in to Rocky and all about muscling up. I hate it. His attitude stinks. His mouth stinks. His armpits stink. I miss my mama's boy. And if I can be so bold as to say... his homework is to hard. He seems to think that overnight as soon as I turned 40 I am old. In fact, last night he asked me how old I was when they started having COLOR TV... I turned his light off and walked out.
So there ya have it. I've been working more, cooking more, running more, and enjoying every single minute of my days more. A renewed found zest for life, love, and happiness! (Chele, you're right, the forties ARE fabulous!)
5 comments:
I vaguely remember a Jules having her own blog. lmao
Yikes, girl he's got the pre-teen stuff a year or so early than my kids. On the bright side, you aren't going to have back to back years for it. We were fortunate that ours outgrew it and they aren't like that at 18 and almost 17.
I will put in an order of Prozac for you and Bryan so it's ready when Nathan hits at F-in Fours stage that begins around 3.5 and lasts until a few months past 5. Hopefully, by then Jackson will have outgrown his pre-pub distain of anything parents. lol!
I know, I suck and I'm absolutely no help.
I knew all along you were still there. Parental coping skill #332:
"Enjoy the times when he's in his room. Before you know it, he'll be out on the road with his friends."
Glad you're back to the blog. The Facebook thing seems a bit strange and disjointed to me.
Love ya,
DAd
Good to see you back, Jules. I've missed your posts.
40s were my favorite decade and the 60s are coming in a close second.
Jack, I agree. Facebook seems disjointed and strange. Tried it -- don't like it.
Sherri,
You remember the '60s? :-)
'50s were my favorite as you can probably tell from my blogs. I guess my timimg was off....I was too settled in the '60s to enjoy much of the "hip" generation shenanigans.
I do take some pride, however, in passing along to my girls an appreciation for that "Good Old Rock-n-Roll" from the '50s.
Jack....40's as in age 40-49 and 60s as in age 60 to whatever...not the decades I lived in....LOL
My hubby is a child of the 50s (born in 1942) and the original R&R era. I'm a little younger, born in 1946, so remember late 50's (Perry Como, Andy Williams, Elvis, The Beatles, etc.). I wasn't a flower child, though I had friends who were.
I do remember the simpler times that you write about...but did not grow up in one place, but rather all over the world.
Post a Comment