So last week and this week Bryan is in San Francisco for work. So I have been the awesome, fabulous, hardworking, and sometimes cursing single mom. It really hasn't been TO bad as far as the kids go, but man are we missing Daddy. One more week....
I just was sitting here this morning drinking my coffee in the silence of my home (and lets face it, that isn't going to be much longer) thinking about how lucky I am. How lucky I am that I have a great family, great support of friends, and 2 funny kids. So I thought I'd just write up some funny random blessings in my life.
When Bryan left last Saturday, the boys and I took him to the airport to see him off. Nathan was really excited about watching the airplanes and seeing them up close and personal. We stayed and watched Bryan's flight taxi out and takeoff. Now every plane he catches sight of in air.. is "daddy's beeg arpane". Even funnier is that when you ask Nate where Daddy is you MAY get a "cawafona" but more times than not you get "Daddy at home depot mommy". Cracks me up no matter how many times he says it.
Jackson is full on in to the Rocky movies. He is constantly walking around air boxing some opponent. The other night he was in our sun room boxing on the Wii and had socks over his hands as boxing gloves. He is using his laundry basket as a boxing bag. First, although I am sick of hearing Eye of the Tiger, I love his imagination and how he throws himself into whatever it is he in to at the moment. Even at 10, he creates his own movies, just like when he was 3 and walked around like a dinosaur.
Yesterday I got the boys up (with much fight by the oldest) to go to church. It was a horrid rainy windy cold day, but we fought the elements and made it. When I walked in to Sunday School the room was empty. Before class started, it was full and overflowing with people. It warmed my heart that our class is growing and sharing and just was a real comfort on an otherwise dull day.
My niece, Emily, was in a car accident on Saturday. Most important, she is okay. I thank God that she is okay, that her friends are okay, and when I saw the picture of the car she had to climb out of, I know she had warm arms wrapped around her. Thank you for letting her be okay.
Bryan being gone has been hard. But it has also been a blessing in a round about way. The time change, oh you wouldn't think 3 hours would make a difference, but oh it does! lol We talk when we can, I look forward to his calls or emails just to talk to him. I appreciate and miss him. I sometimes think these random work trips come up at just the right time to remind of us why we love each other. Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder.
This week will surely pass fast. I hope so anyway, so that we can get everyone home again. I look so forward to seeing Bryan, to hearing my boys laugh when he chases and wrestles with them. And lets be honest, I look forward to having HIM make the coffee again!
I think Nate will be very glad Daddy is FINALLY home from Home Depot, its been one heck of a shopping trip!
Count your blessings daily, even the little ones. They ALL count!
5 comments:
You are so "spot-on", Jules. I catch myself agonizing over our economic situation, angry outbursts about the "idiots at the wheel", and the overall appearance of zero integrity rampant, and then I kick myself when I look around at all the blessings we all enjoy. You're right....thanks for Emily's safety, thanks for the love of family, and thanks for big arpanes that bring our loved ones home.
Love ya,
Dad
Great one sissy. This could not be any more true. I think we all know that my family's lives are not easy ones on many levels, but what we have is far more valuable than "stuff". While the struggles are sometimes hard, I wouldn't trade my life for anything. It's those small blessings that mean the most. I told Emily that seeing her standing there in the rain, scared to death, lights flashing and a mangled car was the prettiest sight I have ever seen. Strange? Not so much...the seemingly total devastation around us was nothing compared to seeing my baby standing there OK. All the crap just didn't matter. Great post babe....thank you God for everything. Love you all.
I'm so happy your Niece is ok. When you told me and I saw the car, it brought tears to my eyes. So so scary. Just wait until the day Bryan gets back and you have those butterflies in your tummy.. gotta love being in love!!
Wow! Happy to hear the Emily is okay. How scary for your sister and entire family.
Just getting around to reading blogs after a week of struggling with the computer and heavier than normal volunteer work. I so enjoyed this post, Jules. There's that saying -- "appreciating the little things in life..." except I have always believed they are pretty big things...those kids and hubby.
Post a Comment