Not nearly as exciting as "Girls Gone Wild" but hey.. its a catchy phrase.
So I am sick. I feel like that big truck that you pass on the highway that's way overloaded with more stuff than any one truck should carry has run me over. The whole 9 yards, stuffy nose where you can only sometimes get a small pop of air in when you breath, swollen glands, clogged ears, sore throat, cough from the devil. Sick.
I think its funny how when moms get sick, its like "oh that sucks" and its business as usual. Now don't think I'm going to go into a male bashing they can't handle it and are big babies when THEY are sick post, because I'm not. Bryan has been very helpful with the kiddos with me just wanting to go to bed.
But I will post a bit about how sickness in men and women are different. Well, at least they are here anyway. When Bryan get sick, I mean really sick enough to stay home from work, which rarely happens, he comes home, and stays in bed. Remember, I work from home as well as caring for Nathan. So when I am home sick.. work is still at home with me, and the other job is most likely trying to slice his own apple with a butter knife. (yes, this DID happen today) I think its not really the individuals, I think its really how women are wired.
Now, I have to go through my days, sick or not, because well we have a 2 year old that can't fend for himself. Sick or not, I have to get up and maintain a happy go lucky lets watch the Wiggles front for him. Once I got him fed and down for a nap, I decide I'm going to take a "sick day" from work work, and relax on the sofa. But first, I pick up the kitchen and do the dishes, and then I pick up a few of the toys Nate has all about, and clean up the dish washing soap he's gotten on the floor (its still a bit slippery gotta mop that up soon), take my pill and get some water and off to the sofa. FINALLY a little rest and relaxation! Its not rest though. Not "you are sick and need your rest" b/c while I'm on the sofa today I'm trying to complete a resume and application for a job. HA! I gave up on that and said "OK just gonna lay here for a minute" and I start to doze off but I can't really go to sleep because its almost time to get Jackson off the bus. So forget that plan.
I am by no means complaining about life in this post, so please don't take it the wrong way. I just think that I personally am no longer capable of turning off the do it all mom part of my brain for a "mom, honey, your sick, just take it easy, let Nate into the bathroom with a bottle of soap and have it so he will leave you alone" part of my brain.
I'm always thinking mess. I'm always thinking I should be making dinner, or making a grocery list, or figuring out how to pay the bills sitting here, or what we'll do for Jackson's birthday, or how much longer until Nate wakes up, or doing laundry, or dishes, or GASP working my paying job. Its just who I am.
So, when all is said and done, I do so hope my dear husband understands that when he gets home from work, I just want to get through homework, dinner, bath and bed and then crawl into bed, take some meds, and sleep. Sick people need rest to let their bodies get better right? Night is the only rest for this mama.
I guess that's why people say when they are sick they want their mamas.. cause mamas can do it all.
4 comments:
Can you take Z-pack meds with Jim Beam?
Heal, my child...I love you.
Dad
ROFLMAO at Jack's comment.
I hear you loud and clear lady and feel your pain. I've been sick since last Thursday, however, today I do feel like I've turned the corner. I do have help now that the kids are teenagers, but did that stop me from mopping floors, doing the laundry, cleaning the kitchen, cooking dinner and baking cookies? Hells No. I've decided I'm just not good at being sick or staying in bed. lol
I hope those antibiotics kick in and have you up and running at full speed by the weekend.
Wow, I didn't realize you were sick. What can I do for you? I know, I will drag you to the grocery store, Circuit City, Lowe's, and anywhere else I need to go so you can get fresh air. Get better soon. :)
HEar ya' on this one babe! I too cannot just rest. I will have to say that now that kids are grown, they are helping a great deal more. Em has done all the dishes for the past couple of days, Dan has done dinner, running errands, building fires, etc for me. But I DO remember those days of "Moms don't get sick". Hang in there sweetie and rest when you can. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment