When your baby is born, you could 10 fingers and 10 toes. You count every 10 minutes cat nap you can get. You count 10 diapers and 10 bottles for a day. Soon your baby has been in your arms for 10 days... 10 weeks.. 10 months... 10 YEARS.
My first born, Jackson, turned 10 last week. Its SO hard for me to believe. I mean wasn't he just a little tot running around in a power ranger costume even when it wasn't Halloween? Wasn't he just learning to talk, tie his shoes, ride a bike?
I am super proud of my 10 year old. He's a great kid. He does well in school, he has great friends, and he loves his family more than anything. I mean don't get me wrong, he's not perfection, but in my eyes he is.
So we've entered Double Digits here. Its kinda scary that I blinked and he's reached this milestone.
I'm sure most of you can relate in some way the nostalgia feeling you get when you look at your kid. I look at Jackson laying on the sofa watching TV and he is so tall, so mature looking, but I still see my first born baby. Curled up in our arms, wanting to curl up in bed with us just to snuggle, it just passes so fast.
So here is my tribute to my beautiful "baby" boy Jackson.

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Jackson!
I can so relate, 3, 5, 10, 13, 16, and now 18 are all like that for me. It's a surreal feeling knowing that your child is hitting any of these milestone birthdays. Derek will be 18 in February and it just doesn't seem possible. The years crawl and wizz by at the same time.
Enjoy him! These years are gone before you realize it.
I had that feeling big-time when I watched MY baby hold HER babies. Well put, Chele....years do seem to crawl and whiz by until you get to my age, then it's all whizz.
Love ya, Jules,
Dad
Couldn't agree more. I was thinking about Jake and age 17Derek and age 18 today...and another grandson, Daniel, who turned 21 this past July. Seems like only yesterday that I had to swat their little tails to get their attention....
Happy Birthday, Jackson!
Jules, hope your trip to NYC was great!
Happy Birthday Jackson! Jules, you do have such a treasure in Jackson. He is just an awesome person all the way around! Yes, they do grow fast...enjoy every minute they are "small". Love to the birthday boy!
Wait, Jackson's 10??? What the heck happened to the last DECADE!!!!! Let's do a quick rewind.
1998 - Move into first house. Jackson born.
2000 - Millenium and the fall of mankind. Okay, well at least the millenium.
2001 - 9/11
2003 - We move from Virginia to Georgia.
2005 - I quit USPP and join FLETC.
2006 - Nathan born.
2008 - Jackson is 10.
Time flies all too quickly.
Post a Comment