Monday, September 28, 2009

Free

Yes, that's right. My littlest scooby is THREE YEARS OLD TODAY! What the heck? Didn't I just have him?

Nathan is a one of a kind. He knows that he is turning three and will tell you "now I is two but Tuesday I be free". I love it. His mind is a working machine. He's definitely gone from little toddler to imaginative nonstop talking preschooler. He marches to his own drum, and I for one, love the leader of his band.

Yes, he still drives me bonkers. Most days I just end the day shaking my head thinking "how did I survive another one? how are the two dogs still living? How is my house still standing?" but every day we dance thru the world of a now 3 year old.

If any of you follow me on Facebook (or my husband man for that matter) you already know that Nate has started getting up for middle of night parties. He's gotten up at 3am and asked me to start his favorite CD and open the cookies. He's gotten up at 3am, turned on Fox News and sat down with a pizza box on the sofa chowing on cold pizza. Drives me crazy but it's just Nate.

Some days I think about how I miss that tiny little butterball that I held while he napped. The little guy that would just stare at me or Bryan or Jackson and smile. The little kid that would crawl like a little monkey, one knee down and one foot down. The little kid that would pull up on my desk and turn off my computer. The little kid that dumps food just so that I will get out his still favorite vacuum cleaner to clean it up.

Now he's the same little kid, but he likes to play games, he talks about things we did this past summer with vivid memory. He asks for what he wants (ok most times) in full sentences. He turns my furniture into a trampoline and laughs from his belly when he falls down. He requests videos on "youbube". He follows his big brother around like he's the only person in the world that matters. He makes his own waffles and microwave popcorn. I love how he gets his popcorn out of the microwave on his own - yes it's hot, but he figured out how to use my salad tongs to get it out.. all on his own. He's smart.

Kids grow up. I get that. I have another child about to turn 11.. and man I can't even think about that one yet. Nate just seems to have really turned a corner from "baby" to "kid" more so recently.

So Happy 3rd Birthday to my beautiful son, Nathan. I love you baby boy, and yes you ARE my baby, always WILL be my baby. I love you and your crazy antics, I love that you are your own little person and have created this awesome gift to our family. You bring joy, laughter, and sometimes a lot of headshaking to us all. We love your own little drum you have.

Keep marching Nathan, you're bound for big things.

Love,
Mommy

Birth


1 Year old


2 Years Old


and our Rocking out 3 year old.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday to Nate!! So is that what I have to look forward to with Kelly? Middle of the night pizza parties?! How funny! He sounds like such a cool little guy. All the best!
Jennie

Brandi Boggie said...

Happy Birthday Terminator!!!

Chele said...

Happy Birthday wishes for Nathan!

La La said...

OK, while I am feeling all mushy, I won't go on and on about how much I love Nater. He already knows that...but PLEASE give him a huge birthday hug from crazy Aunt Lauri and tell him to have a BLAST! He is definitely one of a kind and brings joy to us all! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday, Nate.

Loved the post, Julie. Glad to see you on your blog again.

Jack said...

Great blog by a great lady about a great child! Nate does indeed march to his own drumbeat, and let's hope he continues. Happy Birthday our darling boy.

We love you,
MeeMaw & PawPaw

Bryan said...

Okay babe, trying this again. I absolutely love what you wrote! You have definitely gotten your knack from your dad and it's great! It's hard to believe that our little baby is three already. Time flies quickly my dear. I can't wait for Jackson to turn 11 in a few weeks. Maybe he'll be as excited about a one dollar flashlight as Nater! LOL Thanks for being a wonderful mom to our boys. I love you!!

Anne Swingler said...

Awwww...that is so incredibly sweet! I forgot about the way he used to crawl til you mentioned it here...so funny! He's a crack up for sure...one crazy, adorable, nutty and compassionate kid :) Happy birthday Nater. Auntie Anne loves you :)