Saturday, December 6, 2008

TermiNATER is back...

It has BEEN a week with my darling youngest boy. First - my disclaimer - I am really a good, attentive mom. I don't normally just ignore my 2 year old and let him run amuck.. he seems to do things right in front of me.

Ok now with that said, I'll tell ya about his antics in the past 3 days.

First - the baby powder. Nathan has a thing about emptying and dumping cups, containers, whatever. Some day I'll get in to how he emptied an entire bottle of "wrench" dressing over his waffles while I was switching the laundry... but I digress..

He went into his room the other morning and shut his door. I, like any good mom, got up while on hold with a client and made sure he wasn't in his Bubba's room which is forbidden. He was in his room, what can he do. I was on the phone for a while and finally finished up the call and went to check on my darling. I opened the door and was greeted with the overwhelming smell of baby powder. As well as a total CLOUD in his room and a "snow covered" floor. And an adorable 2 year old smiling with pride over his latest accomplishment: moving his little table over to his dresser, climbing on that to reach the baby powder, opening the powder and well... emptying the bottle. I kid you not, there was a fog in his room. I, again, being the great mom that I am, grabbed my camera and laughed my butt off because really what else could I do? After take the photo proof to show his father, I got the vacuum out and began what ended up being a long process. I vac'd, dust flew, I vac'd more, more powder flew. It was a big white cloudy mess of Nathan's version of snow.

For your viewing pleasure...




That's not a fuzzy bad picture, that's powder flying in the air.

Fast forward to this morning. Dear husband was golfing, Jackson was playing a video game and I had to shower. So Nate took a shower with me, I got him cleaned up and dressed and went back to get myself together. Apparently he got a hold of a Q-tip on the sink counter. He was standing right there and was cleaning his ear (he does this a lot but has always just rubbed around the outside of his ear). Next thing I know its IN his ear and he is screaming bloody murder. I run to him, take out the Q-tip and look at his ear. Nothing is spewing out like the Exorcist, so I console him for about 20 minutes, he gets juice and life is fine.

We ran errands, we ate, we took Jackson to a party and came home and put him down for a nap. I had to go back to get Jacks and Nate was still sleeping so Bryan stayed home. When I get home Bryan says "you know he has blood in his ear". Total panic sits in my stomach... he's going to be deaf, I am sure of it. I debated on the ER room. However, Nate could care less, he's not in pain, he can hear fine, he's not seeming off balance and he's happy as can be. I called my neighbor who is a nurse, in near tears of course, and she said he most likely perforated his ear drum. I wanted to throw up. She said that there is nothing they can do for this, that it has to heal on its own so not to bother with the ER unless it starts bleeding horribly or draining any other various liquid. She said to call his Dr first thing Monday morning and they'll check it and refer us to an ENT if need be.

A Q-tip. A split second of me drying my hair.

So it has been a week. Tomorrow we're going to have pictures done with Santa on the beach. I am thinking of asking Santa for a good pair of glasses for those eyes on the back of my head that all moms are supposed to have. Apparently my vision has gone bad.

Yeah, it has been a wild ride this week.

6 comments:

Jack said...

You do know that The Old Man is cheering Nater on, don't you? Just make sure you keep the cherry bombs out of his reach.

Chele said...

LMAO! I still wish someone would have been able to snap a pic of your face when you saw that mess.

Anonymous said...

But he is sooooooo CUTE!

Brandi Boggie said...

I just want to hold you LOL

Sherri said...

Best thing to get thst up is use a lint roller and damp paper towels.

Ask me how I know.....

Only mine was Comet Cleanser and SOMEONE had refinished my coffee table with it and had scrubbed it into the gold brocade of the couch.....first I had to get HER into the shower before she got it in her eyes...

Damn, I'm glad she finally grew up.

Bryan said...

That kind of thing doesn't happen on my watch. :-)